Skip to main content

About your Search

20130318
20130326
STATION
KCSM (PBS) 2
KRCB (PBS) 2
LANGUAGE
Search Results 0 to 5 of about 6 (some duplicates have been removed)
PBS
Mar 21, 2013 7:00pm PDT
pave the way for prosperity. they are already investing more in the region to meet growing energy demand around the world. >> reporter: the ground beneath the deserts of southern iraq hold some of the world's largest untapped oil deposits. decades of war and sanctions left the country's oil industry in a state of disrepair. but multinational corporations have returned to start new oil production. this is the oil field in southern iraq. i'm standing here on a 14-meter-high construction site of an oil tank. this is where the extracted crude oil will be put temporarily before being put into the pipeline. this oil field is being developed by a joint venture from asia. a malaysian state-run company owns 60% of the stake while an investment firm backed by the japanese government owns the remaining 40%. about 2,400 people work here around the clock. engineers from pakistan and bangladesh work with colleagues from malaysia, japan and iraq. >> japanese count. all right. eight count, please. all right. >> reporter: every morning, workers exercise before heading to the construction site. it'
PBS
Mar 18, 2013 7:00pm PDT
completely positive outlook. the training for this contest will give me the energy to face challenges at work. >> reporter: they make an offering of physical strength. they're granted inner strength. that plus the satisfaction of challenging themselves to the limit. peop >>> people in tokyo will commuting to work under clear skies but getting home from work last night was a different story. >> what a wet and windy evening we had last night in metropolitan regions of tokyo. things are going to be clearing out today. let me show you the damage it had done yesterday. extreme wind moved through japan yesterday causing traffic delays and damaging buildings and homes. officials issued an alert for tornadoes in part of the region last night. the storm also brought rough seas. one surfer is reportedly missing off the coast. back to the satellite picture you can see the clouds moving away from japan. take a look at this, 283 millimeters has fallen inhe st 2 hours. 200 millimeters fell in just the span of three hours. about 140 kilometers gusts have been reported in okinawa as well. 87 kilomete
KCSMMHZ
Mar 21, 2013 6:00am PDT
. they're investigating more in the region to meet growing energy around the world. sho beppu reports. >> reporter: the ground beneath the deserts of southern iraq holds some of the world's largest untapped oil deposits. foreign sanctions left the oil in a state of disrepair. but multinational corporations have returned to start new oil production. this is the oil field in southern iraq. i'm standing here, 14 meters high construction site of oil tank. this is where the extracted crude oil will be put temporarily before being put into the pipeline. this oil field is being developed by a joint venture from asia. a malaysian state-run company owns 60% of the stake. while an investment firm backed by japanese government owns the remaining 40%. about 2,400 people work here around the clock. engineers from pakistan and bangladesh work with colleagues from malaysia, japan and iraq. >> japanese count. all right. eight count, please. all right. >> reporter: every morning, workers exercise before heading to the construction site. it's an idea implemented by the japanese employees to foster a se
KCSMMHZ
Mar 25, 2013 6:00am PDT
. mitsubishi heavy has expertise in energy saving technology. while imabari has know-how in shipbuilding. they say this will put them in a position to compete with major rivals in south korea and other countries. >>> here are the latest market figures. >>> deadly religious violence in central myanmar has drawn the attention of the united nations and there are increasing concerns about the fighting spreading to other areas. >>> the u.n. secretary general special advisor visited some of the sights where many muslims were forced to flee their homes. during the visit, he expressed concern about the violence denouncing those responsible. >> they will be caught and punished. >> the violence erupted after a argument between a gold shop between a couple and shop owners. nearly 200 houses and buildings were set ablaze. there was a state of emergency declared on friday, placing the military in charge of security. however, the ap news agency reports that the violence has spread to two other towns in the heartland of the country. last year religious conflict also led to a state of emergency there. >
Search Results 0 to 5 of about 6 (some duplicates have been removed)